- GRI 102-46 Defining report content and topic boundaries
- GRI 102-50 Reporting period
- GRI 102-51 Date of most recent report
- GRI 102-52 Reporting cycle
- GRI 102-54 Claims of reporting in accordance with the GRI Standards
- GRI 102-56 External assurance
The ProSiebenSat.1 2019 Sustainability Report summarizes the key environmental, societal and social developments. In combination with the Annual Report 2019, it provides a comprehensive description of ProSiebenSat.1 Group’s performance on the basis of financial and non-financial information. The Sustainability Report essentially consists of the Sustainability Magazine and GRI Report and has been prepared in accordance with the GRI Standards: core option. In addition, the Sustainability 2019 Report serves as the (COP), which all companies participating in the UN Global Compact are obliged to publish annually.
When defining the report content, we observed the principles of “stakeholder inclusiveness,” “sustainability context”, “materiality”, and “completeness”. The sections “Our Responsibility” and “GRI Report” of the Sustainability Report were subjected to an independent audit with limited assurance by EY (Ernst & Young) Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft. Such audits are based on the relevant ISAE 3000 (Revised) standard.
The Sustainability Report covers ProSiebenSat.1 Group’s scope of consolidation as of the end of financial year 2019 and was published on June 25, 2020. The reporting period covers financial year 2019 and, to remain up to date, some events from the first half of 2020. In most cases, the reference date for the key figures is December 31, 2019. The financial data was taken unchanged from the 2019 Annual Report published on March 5, 2020. The Sustainability Report also refers in particular to non-financial information already disclosed in the Combined Separate Non-Financial Report in accordance with sections 315b, 315c and sections 289b to 289c of the German Commercial Code (HGB). The editorial deadline for the activities described in the report was June 15, 2020. The report is prepared annually. The previous ProSiebenSat.1 Sustainability Report was published on June 27, 2019.
Reporting Scope and Data Availability
The organizational reporting scope for the disclosures contained in the Sustainability Report in relation to concepts and key figures for our sustainability performance essentially includes all Group companies and corresponds to the scope of consolidation of ProSiebenSat.1 Group, which is managed centrally by ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE. The scope of consolidation is defined in accordance to the control concept of IFRS 10. Exceptions and restrictions with regard to the scope of reporting for the individual topics and data collection for key figures are described below or are indicated accordingly in the information on the individual topics.
- In particular, parts of the international business in the Content Production & Global Sales segment, with the exception of Studio71, are not included in the examination of the concepts or the data collection for the key non-financial figures relating to employees. Thus, the talent & management development and talent acquisition corporate functions are not implemented in this form at some individual investments due to the relatively small number of employees. Due to contract manufacturing, the number of employees in the production sector is characterized by high volatility.
- The information on ProSiebenSat.1 Group’s social responsibility, which particularly relates to the activities in the strategic action areas of society and diversity and in this report is mainly provided with the media-specific disclosures in the Sustainability Magazine and in the GRI Report, primarily relates to the Group’s business activities in German TV programming (Entertainment segment).
- With the compliance management system (CMS), ProSiebenSat.1 Group covers significant legal areas relevant for non-financial reporting (anti-corruption, antitrust law, data protection, and media law) throughout the Group. The media law concepts relate only to selected Group companies due to different legal regulations in foreign countries and a lack of relevance to many companies, for example in the production sector. These primarily include ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE as the holding company and the companies in the Entertainment segment. For reported key figures in connection with product governance and compliance, acquired companies are included in data collection no later than in the reporting period in which they have been consolidated in financial reporting for a full financial year.
- This carbon footprint does not include the energy consumption and resulting CO2 emissions of our production studios and computer centers outside the sites in Unterföhring and Berlin due to a lack of data. Further information on the reporting of greenhouse gas emissions can be found in the “Accompanying Notes on the Carbon Footprint”.